Dear Pet Parents,
We want to keep you updated on our latest efforts to keep our community safe in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. As you may be aware, recommendations from the CDC are being reexamined daily. We have now adopted additional measures to help us navigate this ever-changing climate. Please help us with the following new protocols:
If your pet has a non-emergency need such as a well-pet exam or vaccine boosters, we ask that you delay updating those services until the end of the Stay At Home Executive Order.
Pets requiring a rabies vaccination to be in compliance with our local laws can be scheduled as necessary.
We will be adopting a car drop-off service model to limit person-to-person contact as follows:
- Please remain in your car and call us at 919-383-5578 to alert us of your arrival.
- Medication/Product Pick-Up: your items will be brought to your car by a team member.
- Appointments: a team member will obtain your pet’s visit history via phone upon arrival. That team member will then collect your pet from your vehicle and bring them in for exam and/or treatment. The doctor will consult with you via phone as necessary. Once your pet’s visit is complete, the team member will bring them back to you along with instructions/medications.
- Surgery and Dentistry Drop-Off: a team member will speak with you on the phone upon arrival to check you in then retrieve your pet from your vehicle to stay for their scheduled procedure. A discharge time will be established via phone once the procedure is complete.
- Securing your pet: to prevent escape of pets when we obtain them from your car, please make sure all dog collars and/or harnesses are properly and snugly fitted. All cats (and small dogs if possible) should be in a secure pet carrier.
Thank you for continuing to help us keep Durham safe. We will be closely monitoring the impact of the coronavirus so we may keep our clients, staff, and community healthy.
The Westside Team